Posted by pastortom | Posted in blogging, Connect Groups, Family, Random, Unusual Facts | Posted on 14-05-2013
I am writing from my office. This is rare because my office is where I accomplish the least of my desk work. My days at the office are normally filled with appointments with members, a variety of phone calls, and time with staff. But today is an exception. I am actually sitting at my desk and typing this blog. As I type I hear the sound of the copier out of my right ear and over my left shoulder the rumblings of staff in the hallway. Will be a miracle if I can write more than 10 minutes without a knock at my door.
Well we experienced another terrific Sunday. Pastor Jeff is doing a great job with worship and the team continues to improve in every area. It seems they are jelling well!
Our What on Earth Am I Here For Small Group Campaign is off to a great start. We have estimated nearly 150 adults have connected to a small group. That is awesome. We also have 1 couple from a Catholic Church who has decided to join us. That is terribly exciting. I want to encourage you to post your daily thoughts on your Facebook and tag https://www.facebook.com/TCMcDaniels so we can trek together. This will also allow us to glean insights and inspirations from one another.
As many of you know we are excited about John Jacobs and the Power Force returning to LifeBridge on June 2-4. These guys are terribly impressive. During this visit John is bringing one of the world’s strongest men. This man actually holds the world record for the bench press! This is going to be breath taking to watch.
They are also ministering at Union Grove School and Newgate Mission. Please pick up your invite cards and spread the word! We are setting a goal to win 500 people for Christ during these 3 days.
Random Good Stuff
- Did you know that Brian Hyatt and Deanna Manley are getting married on Saturday May 25th in the sanctuary at 2 pm. Brian has been a faithful member at LifeBridge for many years and has served on our Usher Team. The reception is in the Life Center. They would love for you to attend.
- Did you know that Scott and Tammy Maxwell are having a baby this week? They are having a boy and his name is Skeeter Maxwell. We are rejoicing with them and cannot wait to see little Skeeter.
- Our son Brian is home for the summer. He just completed his first semester at Christ for the Nations. He is majoring in Youth Ministry. We are excited for him and looking forward to what God is doing in his life!
- Hope your Mother’s Day was fabulous. Nothing quite as enjoyable as being with family and celebrating MOM! We certainly enjoyed our Mom party and the Fried Chicken throw down that accompanied.
Pastor Scott and I are hosting a Blog Party at LifeBridge on Saturday May 18 at 9AM in the Life Center. Our plan is to connect bloggers and blogs. We will be sharing blog addresses, themes, and our favorite blogging topics. Be prepared to introduce yourself, the target audience of your blog, and your favorite bloggers.
Our seminar will include:
- How to setup a new blog using WordPress.com
- How to write an effective blog
- How to attract traffic to your blog
- How to use graphics effectively
Hope to see you Saturday and if not see you Sunday.
Your comments are solicited and appreciated.